Registration for the 2021-2022 season is open.
If you have questions about registration, contact our Registration Team.
- EMXC Youth is for skiers who meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Age 7 through 14 on December 31, 2021.
- Grade K through 8. High school students regardless of age are ineligible.
- If your skier is 6 years old (on December 31, 2021), you and your skier are welcome to observe practices and have fun skiing as a family. We look forward to having your skier join next year!
- Fall Roller Ski: Returning skiers age 11 through 14 on December 31, 2021. Skiers must register before they will be allowed to roller ski.
- Prior to the onset of activities this season, evidence of completed Covid-19 vaccination will be required for all skiers age 12 or older with exemptions for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs only.
- Skiers participating in Fall Roller Ski must receive their second dose by October 10.
- All other skiers age 12 or older must receive their second dose by November 7.
- Club Fees for the 2021-2022 season are:
- NENSA Youth Membership Fee: $25 for renewals, $0 for first time members.
- EMXC Youth Club Fee: $50 for age 7, $75 for ages 8+
- SkiReg Fee: $1.25 + 6.25% of the club fee. SkiReg is our online registration and volunteer management platform. We appreciate your understanding of the fee incurred during registration.
- Ski Trail Pass: The club fee does not include ski trail passes. Each skier must have a ski trail pass for every practice at the Leo J. Martin Ski Track (a.k.a. the “Weston Ski Track”), our primary practice site. You may buy daily Children and Adult Trail Passes and Youth or Family Season Passes at the site or on-line through the DCR Leo J Martin website (availability is expected in late November). A season pass is usually the best option. In recent winters, a youth season pass cost $80 and a family pass $300.
- Equipment: The club fee does not include equipment. Equipment rental will be handled through Charles River Recreation, and announcements regarding rental availability and prices will be made available closer to the start of the season. Due to supply chain issues affecting all cross-country ski suppliers, we anticipate a gear shortage this year. Please sign up for rentals as soon as the notice goes out to the club. Visit the Equipment page for more information on renting or buying equipment.
- We organize skiers into three different categories: Novice, Recreational/Developmental, and Competitive/Racing. During registration, you select a “region” for your skier based on these categories.
- North America is for novice skiers including all first-year club skiers except those with substantial experience. Our youngest 7 year-old skiers typically start two seasons with Team USA in North America.
- Western Europe is for recreational/developmental skiers and those who may want to compete/ski fast but can only commit to 1-2 practices per week. It is also for those who prefer a recreational skiing emphasis with more relaxed attendance.
- Scandinavia fosters racing/fast-skiing interests for skiers who commit to skiing 3-4 days per week, depending on age. They typically attend 2 of the 3 weekly practices and ski 1-2 days with friends or family.
Each region is further divided into countries, each with approximately 20 skiers and 3-4 coaches. Technique instruction for all our skiers remains the core mission of our club. Visit the Practice page for the schedule.
Don’t worry! The registration check-off doesn’t lock in your child. Switches over the course of the season are common, and you can always get advice from a coach. But please help us get started with your best guess when you register.
- Volunteering. As part of the registration process, you will indicate which family job(s) you are interested in. Please see the Volunteer page for more information.
- My child wants to sign up for EMXC Youth (again!). What next? Follow the Registration Instructions below.
Each skier is required to have an active NENSA (New England Nordic Ski Association) account number to register for EMXC Youth. For example, if you are registering 2 skiers, you will need 2 NENSA numbers (1 unique NENSA license number per skier). NENSA membership ensures skiers will be able to fully participate in ski events (including BKL Festival) throughout New England and provides insurance coverage for our club. All of our club skiers, coaches, and assistant coaches are members of NENSA.
To register at NENSA:
- Go to the NENSA website, and register for or renew the skier’s membership.
- If prompted to select a NENSA club, choose Eastern Mass Nordic Inc.
- After completing your NENSA registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Take note of the member number (license) so that you can enter it during the EMXC Youth SkiReg registration process. The number will either be in the confirmation email or available through the link in the email (depending on whether you are a new or renewing member).
EMXC Youth SkiReg Registration
After you have the NENSA license number, you may register at EMXC Youth SkiReg Registration.
If the NENSA license number does not validate during the EMXC Youth SkiReg Registration process:
- Check that the license is active and not expired. Log into the NENSA website and choose My Membership from the drop down menu on the top right. The screen should display Your Membership is currently active.
FOLJMS (Friends of Leo J. Martin Skiing) is a nonprofit that works via partnerships to make sure our ski track survives and thrives. FOLJMS also works to promote and diversify cross country skiing in the Greater Boston area. EMXC Youth/EMBK and FOLJMS have a common goal of improving skiing at the Leo J Martin Ski Track. By registering for EMXC Youth/EMBK, you automatically become a member of FOLJMS and will receive communications regarding ongoing activities.