Registration for the 2021-2022 season is closed. We are at capacity and are not accepting any more skiers. Registration for the 2022-2023 season will open October 1, 2022.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Age 7 through 14 on December 31, 2021.
- High school students regardless of age are ineligible.
- Fall Roller Ski: Returning skiers age 11 through 14 on December 31, 2021. Skiers must register before they will be allowed to roller ski.
- Evidence of completed Covid-19 vaccination is required for all skiers age 12 or older with exemptions for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs only.
- Skiers participating in Fall Roller Ski must receive their second dose by October 10, 2021.
- All other skiers age 12 or older must receive their second dose by November 7, 2021.
- 2021-2022 Season Fees:
- NENSA Youth Membership Fee: $25 for renewals, $0 for first time members.
- EMXC Youth Club Fee: $50 for age 7, $75 for ages 8+
- SkiReg Fee: $1.25 + 6.25% of the club fee. SkiReg is our online registration and volunteer management platform. We appreciate your understanding of the fee incurred during registration.
- Ski Trail Pass: The club fee does not include ski trail passes. Each skier must have a ski trail pass for every practice at the Leo J. Martin Ski Track (a.k.a. the “Weston Ski Track”), our primary practice site. You may buy daily Children and Adult Trail Passes and Youth or Family Season Passes at the site or on-line through the DCR Leo J Martin website (availability is expected in late November). A season pass is usually the best option. In recent winters, a youth season pass cost $80 and a family pass cost $300.
- Equipment: The club fee does not include equipment. Equipment rental packages through Charles River Recreation start at $193 + tax. Due to supply chain issues affecting all cross-country ski suppliers, we anticipate a gear shortage this year. Please sign up for rentals immediately after you register. You will receive the link in your registration confirmation email. Visit the Equipment page for more information on renting or buying equipment.
- Teams and Practice Schedule: Visit the Practice page for information about how we organize the teams and the schedule. During registration, you will be asked to select a region (team group). The region selection does not lock in the skier, but please help us get started with your best guess when you register. Coaches will adjust assignments as necessary over the course of the season.
- Volunteering: As part of the registration process, you will indicate which job(s) you are interested in. Please see the Volunteer page for more information. We welcome and always need new coaches. You don’t need to be an expert skier. We have a wide range of skier groups you can coach. Skiers who have aged out of EMXC Youth but not moved on to CSU are also encouraged to become assistant coaches with Team USA (7-8 year olds). If you haven’t coached with us in the past and would like to, please contact head coach Jim Stock.
- My child wants to sign up for EMXC Youth (again!). What next? Follow the Registration Instructions below.
Each skier is required to have an active NENSA (New England Nordic Ski Association) account number to register for EMXC Youth. For example, if you are registering 2 skiers, you will need 2 NENSA numbers (1 unique NENSA license number per skier). NENSA membership ensures skiers will be able to fully participate in ski events (including BKL Festival) throughout New England and provides insurance coverage for our club. All of our skiers, coaches, and assistant coaches are members of NENSA.
To register at NENSA:
- Go to the NENSA website, and register for or renew the skier’s membership.
- If prompted to select a NENSA club, choose Eastern Mass Nordic Inc.
- After completing your NENSA registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Note the member number (license) so that you can enter it during the EMXC Youth SkiReg registration process. The number will either be in the confirmation email or available through the link in the email (depending on whether you are a new or renewing member).
EMXC Youth SkiReg Registration
After you have the NENSA license number, register at EMXC Youth SkiReg Registration.
If the NENSA license number does not validate during the EMXC Youth SkiReg Registration process:
- Check that the license is active and not expired. Log into the NENSA website and choose My Membership from the drop down menu on the top right. The screen should display Your Membership is currently active.
FOLJMS (Friends of Leo J. Martin Skiing) is a nonprofit that works via partnerships to make sure our ski track survives and thrives. FOLJMS also works to promote and diversify cross country skiing in the Greater Boston area. EMXC Youth/EMBK and FOLJMS have a common goal of improving skiing at the Leo J Martin Ski Track. By registering for EMXC Youth/EMBK, you automatically become a member of FOLJMS and will receive communications regarding ongoing activities.