Registration for the 2017/2018 season is open mid-September to December 15, 2017 at 5pm.
If you have questions about registration, contact the club.
- EMBK is for skiers aged 7–13, and for 14 year-olds in 8th grade (age reckoned as of 1/1/2018). Note that the minimum age is 7 years old. If your skier is 6 year old (as of 1/1/18), you and your skier are welcome to come out and observe practices and have fun skiing as a family – we look forward to having your skier join next year!
- We organize skiers into three different categories: Novice, Recreational/Developmental, and Competitive/Racing. During registration, you select a “region” for your skier based on these categories.
- North America is for novice skiers including all first-year EMBK skiers except those with substantial experience. Our youngest 7 year-old skiers typically start two seasons with Team USA in North America.
- Western Europe is for recreational/developmental skiers and those who may want to compete/ski fast but can only commit to 1-2 practices per week. It is also for those who prefer a recreational skiing emphasis with more relaxed attendance.
- Scandinavia fosters racing/fast-skiing interests for skiers who commit to skiing 3-4 days per week, depending on age. They typically attend 2 of the 3 weekly practices and ski 1-2 days with friends or family.
Each region is further divided into countries, each with approximately. 20 skiers and 3-4 coaches. Technique instruction for all our skiers remains the core mission of our club.
Don’t worry! The registration check-off doesn’t lock in your child. Switches over the course of the season are common and you can always get advice from a coach. But please help us get started with your best guess when you register.
- Club Fees for the 2017-18 season are:
- NENSA Youth Membership Fee: $25 (For insurance purposes, membership in the New England Nordic Ski Association—NENSA is required for participation in EMBK)
- EMBK Club Fees: age 7 — $50; ages 8+ — $75
We use SkiReg.com, an online service to simplify registration and volunteer management for our 200+ members. We appreciate your understanding of SkiReg’s fee which is incurred with each registration.
Please note that the EMBK club membership fee does not include trail passes or equipment. Each child must have a trail pass for every practice at the Leo J. Martin Ski Track (a.k.a. the “Weston Ski Track”), our primary practice site. You may buy daily Children and Adult Trail Passes and Youth or Family Season Passes at the site or on-line through the DCR Leo J Martin website—availability is expected in late November. A season pass is usually the best option. In recent winters, a youth season pass cost $80 and a family pass $300
- Volunteering. As part of the registration process, you will indicate which family job(s) you are interested in. Please see the Volunteer page for more information.
- My child wants to sign up for EMBK (again!). What next?