Considering our cross-country ski program for your child or needing a refresher on how to register? Here’s a roadmap to learn more.
- Learn what EMXC Youth is all about. Find out about our club philosophy, our approach to coaching, and our relationship with the Bill Koch Ski League. Get answers to our most commonly asked questions.
- Learn about how to volunteer. The Eastern Mass XC Youth ski club is run entirely by parents. Active parent participation ensures a successful season. We ask that all parents participate, in small ways or large. Even if you have little or no experience with cross-country skiing, the club has plenty of volunteer opportunities – from race time-keeping to bringing baked goods to a club event. The time commitment may be small, but parent involvement is essential for our program’s success. Be sure to indicate your volunteer job preference during the Sign Up process.If you have experience as a cross-country skier and interest in helping to coach, please contact Head Coach Jim Stock.
- Register for EMXC Youth.
- Obtain your Trail Pass and Equipment. The DCR’s Leo J. Martin Ski Track, our primary practice site, sells youth and family season passes with online sales usually starting in early November. If you don’t have your own equipment, affordable season rentals are available from the track.
- Check our website for announcements. Once you have signed up, check our announcements regularly. Postings about registration, pass availability, and club events are made frequently as the season approaches.
- Bookmark the calendar. From mid October through the end of November, the club has voluntary, dry-land practices for returning 11-14 year-olds (see the Calendar for specific dates, times, and locations). Orientation combined with the first “all club” practice usually occurs in mid to late November on “dry land” — no snow required. The first on-snow practice typically occurs the second or third Saturday of December, weather permitting.
- Attend our club Orientation in November. In mid to late November, we will hold a club orientation. Here you can find out everything you need to know about club practices, equipment, and schedules. Check the Calendar for details. To learn more about equipment in advance, go to the Equipment section.
- Attend practice (with appropriate equipment) and be ready to have some fun. If you are unable to attend the club orientation or have any questions about your next steps, contact our communications director, Josie Petersen.